However, by giving them proper use, they are excellent for an informal snack. That is why today we propose these seven recipes with sausages for the Picoteo del finde.
As in general, it is an ingredient that everyone likes, you will surely find among these seven proposals the most appropriate to the tastes of your family. You just have to consider one thing, choose the best sausages you can, preferably fresh and from the butcher shop and not the ones that are pre-cooked and packed in plastic.
1. Sausage flags
- Ingredients: 2 German sausages, Wholemeal bread, 4 slices, 4 Sliced cheese type Tranchettes, 1 Egg, 200 g of breadcrumbs, salt and Sunflower oil
- Preparation: To begin, we are going to boil the sausages in a pot with water and a little salt for about eight minutes. We remove them from it and cut them in two. With the help of a roller, we will now flatten the slices of bread in such a way that they are thin and compact. We place a slice of cheese on each slice of bread and, on it, half a sausage. We roll up to form a cylinder. We beat the egg in a bowl and pass each cylinder through it and then through the breadcrumbs. We heat oil (it doesn’t have to be much) in a pan and fry each flag for about two minutes on each side to brown well. We place a wooden stick in each cylinder and serve.
2. Sausages with wine
- Ingredients: 100 g Onion, 4 pork sausages, 100 ml White wine, 15 ml Extra virgin olive oil, Salt and Ground black pepper
- Preparation: Peel the onion and cut it into julienne. Heat a little extra virgin olive oil in a pan and heat it over very low heat for about 10 minutes. If we do it with the lid on, the onion will sweat faster due to steam and will be very juicy. Salpimentamos to taste, but wisely because wine and sausages will bring a lot of dish flavor. Once the onion is poached, add the wine and raise the heat. We let the alcohol evaporate for a minute or two before incorporating the sausages. We turn them to brown on all sides, lower the heat and let cook, with the pan, covered, for about 25-30 minutes before removing and serving.
3. Baked sausages with tomatoes and chili pepper Jamie Oliver style
- Ingredients: 20 tomatoes of different types, preferably cherry size, (yellow, kumquats, red cherry, oranges, tomato pear) of the varieties you find, 3 fresh or dehydrated chilies, olive oil, aromatic herbs, and salt
- Elaboration: In a baking dish, we distribute the different tomatoes, cutting some in half and leaving some whole. Sprinkle them with salt, water them with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and cover them with aromatic herbs. You can use the ones you like best or those that you find fresh or dried in your supermarket. I have used fresh thyme and rosemary and dried oregano leaves. As Jamie Oliver would do in his programs, there is no problem adding everything without measuring quantities. While the oven is preheated to 190º, we cut the fresh butcher sausages into 4 pieces and distribute them among the tomatoes, stirring everything before putting it in the oven. We also add the chilies. On TV, Jamie always adds three or four, but our tolerance to spiciness is not so great and at home, it was enough with three pieces of soft chili pepper. I leave it to your liking. Bake for about twenty minutes, stirring in half so that everything is done equally, and taking out when we see that the sausages are well roasted and we can not stand the delicious aroma of aromatic herbs and roasted tomato coming out of the oven.
4. Pesto salad with sausages
- Ingredients: 2 Potatoes, 6 Bratwurst sausages or white skinless sausages (from butcher shop if possible), 8 Cherry tomatoes, 50 ml of Pesto sauce, Extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste
- Elaboration: Wash the potatoes well and place in a pot with cold water and a little salt. Heat until it boils and cooks until tender, for about 25-30 minutes. It is more comfortable and we will save time if we cook them in a pressure cooker. Drain and let cool. Peel the potatoes and cut into bite-sized portions, about 5 mm thick. Reserve. Chop the sausages and heat some oil in a large pan. Add the sausages and cook until they are golden brown, giving a blow of black pepper. Remove and remove excess fat. Add the potatoes to the same pan and cook over medium heat until they take color everywhere. Return the sausages and remove the whole. Turn off the fire. Remove to a bowl or salad bowl. Add the chopped tomatoes when it has cooled.
5. British sausages rolls recipe
- Ingredients: 12 Fresh sausages, 1 Rectangular sheet puff pastry, 1 Egg, 1 slice sliced bread, 15 ml Milk, 5g Garlic salt, 5 g Provencal herbs, 5 g Dijon mustard and sesame seeds (optional)
- Elaboration: In a deep and wide bowl, crumble the slice of bread and wet it with the milk and half an egg, the other means we reserve to brush the rolls before putting them in the oven. With a fork we crush the bread, add the garlic salt, Provencal herbs, and mustard. Mix until you get a dough. We remove and discard the skin of the sausages and crumble with our hands, very clean, removing any remaining fat that we can find. We add a mixture of bread, milk, and spices and mix well. I continue to use my hands for this operation because it is now faster and better it is done, but you can always use a fork. We spread the puff pastry sheet and cut it, in width, in three equal strips. We divide the sausage filling between the three strips of puff pastry, extending it along the longest end. Brush the opposite end with the reserved egg and roll the puff pastry strips into cylinders. The egg will make glue and the rolls will not open when baked. We cut each cylinder in the number of pieces we want (small, if we are going to serve them as an appetizer, or large if we are going to serve them as a plate). We make two incisions diagonally on each of the rolls, brush them with egg and sprinkle them with sesame seeds. We cover a baking tray with sulfurized paper and place the rolls on it. We introduce the tray in the lower part of the oven, pre-heated to 190 ºC so that the base is not raw. After 25 minutes, or when they acquire a golden color, we remove them and let them temper before serving.
6. German currywurst recipe
- Ingredients: 1 Small or medium onion, 1 Garlic cloves, 250 g of Natural sliced tomato, 5 g Sugar, 25 g of Apple puree, 2 ml Apple vinegar, 5ml Dijon mustard, 5 g Ground curry, Salt and Pepper ground black, 4 Bratwurst sausages
- Preparation: Chop the onion and garlic clove. Heat a little olive oil in a pan and saute both minutes. Add the tomato with its juices and the spoonful of sugar, and let reduce a few minutes. Add the puree and apple cider vinegar, mustard and curry mixture. Salpimentar and mix well. Let cook over low heat until it reduces and thickens and the tomato is almost undone. Crush with a blender and return to the pan to reduce to the desired consistency. When the sauce is almost ready, heat some oil on iron or grill and cook the sausages over medium heat on both sides, making sure that they do not brown too much. Rectify salt and sugar sauce and serve.
7. Spanish hot dog
- Ingredients: 4 bratwurst or frankfurter sausages, 50 g of romesco sauce, 15 g of extra virgin olive oil, four special hot dog or hot dog buns, green leaf mix, 12 cherry tomatoes, 40 g of fried onion and 50 g of peppers stuffed olives.
- Preparation: Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. We introduce the sausages in it, cover the pan and turn off the heat. We let the sausages be made inside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the romesco sauce with the extra virgin olive oil and stir well until homogenized. Cut the olives into discs, wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them into four pieces each, open the rolls in half and lightly toast. We drain the sausages and ride hot dogs or hot dogs. Spread each muffin with the romesco sauce, cover the bases with green leaves and, on these, place the sausages. We spread the tomato wedges on the surface and sprinkle with crispy onion and the discs of olives.